Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Turquoise embroidered necklace Day ONE

Ever since I first started beading I've slowly been working up the courage and gathering skills to make a full bead embroidered necklace just like Sherry Serafini makes.  Granted, I'm no Sherry, but I would love to create something as beautiful as she has.  

I'm going to share my progression on my first piece and share the things I have learned along the way as well as my hardships.

For me, figuring out my shape has been challenging.  But I finally decided - if the shape changes after I get going - so be it.  I'm going to let the piece tell me what it wants.  But I did stitch out a design I'd like to have.  LOL  

After deciding where I wanted my stones, what shapes and measured to make sure they were even, I got started.  One thing I have learned..............the type of beads and size does make a difference in your peyote stitching around the cabochons.  Starting, taking out, starting again.  Eventually I was able to get all 3 stones covered.  Now to figure out what to do next.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment